In this Receipt Hog review, I will be letting you know what this program is and how it operates.
Many would love to make extra money without the need of getting a second job!
I will let you know if this could make you enough money to help make ends meet.
Keep reading below to get the full scoop!
Receipt Hog Review
Name: Receipt Hog
Price: Free To Join
Overall Rank: 69/100
This is a free mobile application for mobile devices that you could use to procure coins by uploading your grocery store receipts to their sites.
By uploading your receipts, it might give you a chance to win significantly more coins depending on items or sum you spent at stores.
Receipts can be from any supercenter, beauty supply, grocery, comfort shop, or pet store.
It doesn’t make a difference what you purchase, as long as your shopping is from one of their approved grocery stores.
They take into consideration the aggregate sum you spent.
Examples of their retail stores where you can shop and upload receipts from include but not limited to Walmart, Dollar General, Fry’s, Target, Dollar Stores, dandy, and Sprouts fine.
You should watch out for when they let you upload all stores receipts.
Again, don’t forget to upload your receipts within 14 days from the date on the receipt.
That should be more than enough time for you.
How Does It Work
This app is very simple to use; After your done grocery shopping, take a clear photo (showing all the required information) of your qualifying store receipt, and then complete the process by tapping the done button to submit.
Once your receipt has been confirmed as being a qualifying purchase, you will be offered coins in accordance to the aggregate for that shopping trip.
How Does A Receipt Qualify?
Guidelines for qualifying for this program is genuinely clear, in that, you could get receipts emanating from chain grocery stores, such as super centers or shopping clubs.
Most importantly, super center receipts don’t necessarily have to be on food for them to qualify, they qualify basically in light of the fact that a store specializes in food items.
For other stores like gas stations and convenience stores, to qualify the rules require that a food item must have been bought and printed on that receipt.
Another important thing to know, is that for your receipt to be accepted, you should endeavor that clear image displaying the following: date of purchase, all items bought, their costs and the aggregate sum paid.
You can scan up to 20 recipients in any week beginning from Monday-Saturday.
In any case, just 3 receipts from the same store with the same date are permitted, so remember that as you plan your shopping trips.
There is full freedom for you take out or cancel certain information from your receipt, though all your data or receipts details are kept confidential and anonymous.
This includes prescription, loyalty card number, method of payment, and every other information you don’t like incorporated in your receipt.
Tip: When you forget to submit your receipts for a week or so owing to forgetfulness, what you need to do is to begin uploading from the oldest qualifying ones first so that you wouldn’t forfeit your coins.
How Much Can One Earn?
What you can make from this App depends on the number of receipts you upload and what you’re spending per receipt.
The breakdown goes thus: $10 = 5 coins, $10-$50 = 10 coins, $50-$100 =15 coins, and $100+ = 20 coins.
Once you have sufficient coins, you can then decide to redeem for cash to deposit in your PayPal account or for an Amazon gift card.
When your on your Receipt Hog home page, there will be a bar that shows you the total number of coins you have earned that week.
You can also earn some extra coins by scanning or typing in bar codes on selected products, which could earn you extra coins per item.
If you go Hog Wild by submitting at a minimum of one qualifying receipt per week for 5 weeks will give you the chance to pull the lever on the Hog Slot Machine.
The Hog Slot Machine will reward you for coins you earned on your latest receipt all the way up to $100, keep in mind though that not every pull is a winner.
It only takes 1,000 coins to reach the $5.00 pay out, but if you choose to save them you will get a much better value.
A great thing about this program, is if you do save your coins, it will only take 1800 coins to redeem $10, 3200 coins to get $20 and 4500 coins to get $30.
Start saving those coins and get a better payout.
Other Ways To Earn More With The Program
Besides uploading receipts, there are many other ways to earn more coins with this program, which will lead to more cash or an Amazon gift card for you.
Particularly for this Receipt Hog App review, listed below are a few additional ways you can earn extra coins:
• Referral Program – By inviting friends to this program who actually use the app you will get 10 Hog Slot spins for each person who joins through you. One of the easiest and active ways to do this is to share on Facebook, or by putting your referral link out there or sending to your contacts.
• Hog Slots – If you exploit this you’ll also make extra money. When you upload receipt, you get at least 1 Hog Slot spin for every of such, but this depends on how much your receipt is worth. If you’re lucky you could get an average of 5 or 15 extra coins for every couple of spins, but some spins you would get nothing, just the luck of the spin I guess.
• Surveys – On Receipts Hog, there are some products that have surveys while others don’t. For those that do have, if you end up buying them, they show up in the Rewards section of the mobile app. This means you are qualified to take their survey which shouldn’t take much time to complete after which you will earn $5-$10 coins immediately.
• Product Scans – This is a new feature where you scan some items you purchase for coins. But not all products are available for scan with every receipt. You will need to always watch out after each receipt is processed.
• Facebook – You can also connect with Facebook to get 6 Hog Slots.
Downsides To The Program
This depends on how an individual views it, but it could be said that the only downside worth mentioning is the two things listed below:
• Time for Process of Receipt: You have to wait a few times, though not many compared to where it takes many businesses days to process receipts. This can still turn one off especially when you’re in haste to get done or dispense with your receipts, but can’t for the fear of probable need to have to re-upload to Receipt Hog.
• Time Taken To Deposit: It takes 5 days for Receipt Hog to finish the process and approve your earning to deposit into PayPal, but they will still pay you and make you aware of this. This is one of the advantages of apps like iBotta that is immediate when you request a payment into PayPal.
Name: Receipt Hog
Price: Free To Join
Overall Rank: 69/100
Final Verdict: Great way to earn extra money from your grocery receipts!
I think this program is great only because it’s so easy to operate, and it’s free to join.
It may take a little time to get your money, but at least your getting something back for doing nothing.
If you go shopping a lot, this app could really play out great in your favor helping you get a little money back from what you spent.
Just know that this isn’t a way to make a lot of money but only a way to get some spare change back.
There are ways that you could make extra that could support you long term. A way that I have found is through a program called Wealthy Affiliate that has helped me work from home.
Want To Work From Home? Here’s How You Could Do It!
If you think this app is something you would try, let me know how it goes for you!
I hope this Receipt Hog review has helped answer any questions you might have had about the the App.
If I didn’t answer your questions, please feel free to leave it below along with any comments or feedback and I will get back to you in a timely manner.
Thank you for reading this review and may you have a fantastic day/night.