Many of us are busy with life and don’t have the time to do anything when we get home from work or school, so we look for help.
I needed help with my website creating articles and what not so I went off to look for a writer and happen to come across a great digital marketing program called Fiverr.
Here is my Fiverr Review and my experience with them.
- Name: Fiverr
- Website: www.fiverr.com
- Price: $5 (Starting)
- Overall Rank: 85 out of 100
What Is Fiverr
It is a marketplace where buyers and sellers (Freelancers) meet to buy and sell services and products for a starting price of $5.
The services created by sellers on this website are referred to as GIGS. Services rendered on this platform are into different categories and sub-categories ranging from writing, translation, to graphics and design, music, audio to digital marketing, to mention but just a few.
What ever digital products you need created, this platform could get it done.
Steps Involved In Becoming A Seller or A Buyer
The first thing to do either as a seller or a buyer is to head over to their official website at www.fiverr.com and sign up by filling out your valid email address, username, and password, then you click join.
There are however three options for you to create your profile namely, by using your email, by using your facebook account and by using your Google account.
Ensuring the use of a valid email address is necessary for you to receive a confirmation link which will give you access to further activate your account, complete your registration and create your gigs to start making money from whichever category of service you like to belong or deem fit for your expertise.
Once you receive the activation email, click Activate Your account.
As a Seller, you need to do a lot of things so as to make your services stand out in the competition and be able to make sales, the steps involved here are as follows:
- Creating Your Account: This is already explained above.
- Creating A Gig: Go to your account by clicking on the activation link sent to you in your email inbox by Fiverr. This will take you to the Fiverr homepage where you will see a message confirming your account creation was successful and now you can start selling. Place your mouse over your username and click selling from the drop-down menu then create a GIG.
To create your gig there are five steps you need to complete. These include overview, pricing, requirements, gallery, and publish.
- Managing Your Order: This is the most important aspect of your Fiverr which you must take seriously and sincerely. You must endeavor you do all your best to satisfy your buyer as anything contrary to this could result in you losing your reputation and possibly your buyers.
- Delivering Your Gig: This is also an important step that determines your success on Fiverr. You must ensure you deliver your work early and within the deadline given by you so as to avoid bad rating and loss of buyers. A seller with the quickest turnaround time sells and get patronized most than the ones with comparably later delivery time.
How Do You Get Paid
Every service rendered on Fiverr attracts a flat rate of $5 (though some attract higher than this depending on the service and the level of the seller) and on each of this sale Fiverr gets 20% commission while you get the remaining 80%. This simply means $1 for Fiverr and $4 for you.
It has a very interesting method of payment for their members and each of these ways of payment makes getting money from Fiverr an easy thing for their members irrespective of where they are in the world.
There are two ways by which you can get paid in fiverr: PayPal and Fiverr Revenue Card (otherwise known as Payoneer Card) which is simply a MasterCard debit card where a seller can use it as they like just like any other debit card.
All payments earned on Fiverr are finalized and become qualified for payout in 21 days, so you have to exercise patience for funds to be cleared before you can get payment.
Once the funds clear, you can withdraw from your PayPal or Payoneer.
What Is The Minimum You Have To Make To Get Paid
One of the exciting things about fiverr is that it does not have any minimum payout, you can withdraw any amount you like to and this will be transferred to your PayPal or Payoneer within few minutes.
Levels In Fiverr
There are different levels within Fiverr and they are listed below:
- New Seller: This is the first level, a new member is placed once they complete all the registration processes. At this level, you are just getting started and you are expected to meet certain requirements to get promoted to the level 1 seller.
- Level 1Seller: To get promoted to this level you are expected to have:
-Spent 30 days of active participation on Fiverr.
-Completed a minimum of 10 individual orders.
-Received and maintained a minimum of 4 star rating and above.
-A low or non-cancellation rate
- Level 2 Seller: Graduating to this level requires meeting the following:
-Successfully and satisfactorily completed 50 individual orders in two consecutive months.
-Maintain a 4.5 or above star rating
-Have a low cancellation rate
- Top Rated Seller: For this level you need to have:
-Maintained a 4.5 star rating or above
-Exceptionally customer care
-A low cancellation rate
-Volumes of sales
According to Fiverr, promotion to Top-rated seller (TRS) status is something within the Fiverr editorial team who they manually select and has a certain process and a number of criteria that are taken into consideration.
Pros & Cons
- Friendly and well-structured website design with ease of navigation and usage for anyone even if you have never worked on freelancing site before.
- The Concept is made simple and clear to comprehend.
- Excellent community and a forum where you can share views and learn from fellow members and as well get support.
- You earn money doing what you are most passionate about.
- You get your money worth and at a very low cost.
- Friendly and fairly excellent customer service team.
- It takes a long time (14 days waiting period) for your fund to clear once an order is marked completed.
- Buyers are given unnecessary preferential treatment over the sellers. Most of the times sellers do not have control over certain things like, the Fiverr system of accepting jobs automatically even when such a job is outside what the seller is rendering. This could bring about bad rating and extra hard work for the seller to get to the next level status if they fail to deliver such a job to the buyer’s satisfaction or delivers late.
- Fiverr alone determines gigs to be selected for their featured gigs and this leaves many people in the dark as to what criteria they considered in picking those gigs.
- There is the possibility of getting worthless work (trash).
My Overall Take
If you are asking if Fiverr is a Scam, then the answer is NO.
Fiverr is a reliable and large marketplace to sell your skills and make money just as it is also a decent and useful platform for business owners to get any service they need done for them at a very economical price.
If you are thinking of where to turn your skills and spare time to money, then Fiverr is a great place for you to start.
For anyone looking just to use Fiverr for their services, you have to be careful for some of the Gigs are really worthless.
I had a couple of writers that stated they will do a review for me with 100% free grammatical errors and copyscape proof, and when I received the article, I spent more time trying to fix it up and it had a lot of copied content from other sites.
I’m not saying that all the writers are bad, you just have to find the good ones, it is a very useful platform offering so much other services besides writers.
I hope this Fiverr Review has helped answer any questions you might have had, if I didn’t please feel free to drop your questions below and I will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.
If you are looking for a great way to make money without working for anyone but yourself, check out my #1 Recommend Program and create your Free Starter Account.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article and I hope you have a great one.
Take care 🙂