If we’re talking of digital marketplaces for the sale of electronic information products, Clickbank is certainly at the forefront.
Except for Amazon’s Kindle marketplace that could probably out shadow it.
Clicbank is a very famous resource for affiliate marketing and also widely known for being a channel of payment and delivery for sale of most popular digital products.
In this Clickbank Review, I’m going to take a non-prejudiced look at this marketplace from different standpoints, which I believe by the end of this review most questions been commonly asked by people would have been satisfactorily answered.
You will therefore in this article have a full answers to and understanding of:
• Clickbank Overview
• Is Clickbank legit or a Scam
• Clickbank Marketplace
• How Clickbank Pays
• Clickbank Pros and Cons
• Clickbank Scams and How to Avoid Them
Price: Free To Join
Overall Rank: 76/100
What Is ClickBank?
Clickbank is an online marketplace that permits people to buy digital products online (known as customers), or a resource for people to promote and sell their products online (known as vendors), as well as a platform for people who want to promote other people’s products (known as Affiliates).
Products sold on the Clickbank are mostly information products like videos (of training courses), audio guides, eBooks, and software. Until lately some physical products as well are being introduced into the marketplace.
There are two perspectives to Clickbank, one being for the affiliates and the other for the vendors who like to market their own products through Clickbank.
From the perspective of a vendor, let’s assume you have a great idea for a product (an eBook) about beekeeping (apiculture).
You succeeded in crafting it into an eBook and now want to sell it online, because you believe people will be interested in it.
But guess what? You need to determine how to sell it to the potential public. The next thing you think of is how to create a simple website and start expecting the huge sale.
But in truth, you need more than just a website, you need security measures to guarantee the safety of buyers private information, refund processing arrangement should the need arises, and ability to manage access to their products among other things.
Meanwhile, the entire above if it were in those days you had to resolve yourself, but the good news is today you can instead take the advantage of Clickbank resource which permits you to offer your customers a secure platform, receive payments, and above all ensuring swift and perfect delivery of your e-products.
Clickbank charges a paltry fee for intermediary roles they play between you and the customer. These roles include payment confirmation, orders processing and customer service.
With this advantage of Clickbank, all that’s required of you is a sales page, download page, your price and Clickbank will take care of the rest by making your products available for people to see and promote.
Affiliate program is another most interesting aspect of Clickbank and also most famous on the internet. It’s an element of the Clickbank that accommodates many vendors popularly referred to as affiliates.
As an affiliate marketer, you can explore the Clickbank marketplace for different kinds of products you want to promote.
There are nearly products for all niches, be it new or popular. Vendors always realize the significance of marketing materials and therefore supply their affiliates the marketing materials like banners, sales letters, etc.
Clickbank products are known in the online industry for being one of the most lucrative and highest converting platform with a proven reputation.
All products on Clickbank have a refund guarantee of 60 days which is a factor that makes people buying from it have a high tendency of buying.
Is Clickbank A Legit Or Scam Program?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions by both customers and affiliates. Although I can’t claim to be fairly qualified to offer an answer to this question.
However, from the standpoint of the customer who is buying from its platform one can say without a doubt that Clickbank is legit.
Apart from offering a highly reliable and strong payment processing system, outstanding service, refund policy and rapid access to the products customers are buying, Clickbank is such a reputable company that when customers see its logo on a payment page, it simply gives them the proof or testimony to the fact that the product is of high quality.
While Clickbank is unequivocally not a scam but it’s not without its shortcomings.
One problem most people have with it is that it has no high requirements or a scrutiny process that prevents dishonest companies or people from using their services.
Anyone is free to join their marketplace and this means including the unforeseen scammers as well.
My opinion, therefore, is that customers should verify the program they’re buying to be sure it satisfies their needs.
While for the affiliates, the onus is on them too to do their thorough research before selecting a program to promote in order to avoid having disappointments with customers or chargebacks.
As for the vendors, they should always offer products that are of high quality to the customers and promoting materials to affiliates.
It’s true that Clickbank has different products you can choose from, but you should also take into cognizance the fact that while there are some quality products with high conversion rates, there are some poor products with very frustrating conversion rates.
Therefore, as an affiliate marketer, care must be taken before choosing a product to promote. To make huge sales you will likely have to put in a place marketing campaigns and create a custom site around your Clickbank produt .
How You Get Paid
The Clickbank payment is a bi-weekly activity. To get paid as an affiliate you have two options to choose from, direct transfer or to receive a check.
There are two criteria you need to satisfy to receive the first commission payment:
Attaining Your Payment Threshold: This simply means the amount of money you’re expected to have in your account before you can become eligible to be sent your check or make a direct deposit.
Customer Distribution Requirement: Here you’re required to make a minimum of 5 sales that use not less than two of certain payments method before Clickbank will issue your first payment. The payment methods are as follows:
• American Express
• Carte Blue
• Diners Club
Pros vs Cons
• No high requirements to register– Unlike most CPA networks anyone can register on Clickbank without being subjected to any record of achievement or a website to be accepted. The registration is a very fast one and this simple registration makes Clickbank number choice for new marketers.
• Huge numbers of product to promote– With just a few minutes of searching, you can find good quality products to promote that will be suitable for your needs.
• Handsome Commissions– Clickbank is one of those few affiliate networks where you don’t have to make huge sales to earn a side income. It also allows recurring payment products and as a result there are recurring commissions.
• Payment on Time– If you’re an affiliate on Clickbank, you can’t suffer late payment as being experienced in some smaller affiliate networks.
• Ease in becoming a merchant– Clickbank is the first choice for most beginners with a very easy setup and support materials. It has a very affordable pricing for activating your product and such products; if of high quality can give you a quick ROI.
• Minimal Restriction on Products Promotion – Clickbank, unlike many affiliate networks, doesn’t have many limitations on how you can go about promoting the products. There is wide freedom for you to promote your product on websites, email marketing, blogs, social media, paid traffic, etc, but it doesn’t allow spamming.
• Sales Requirements and initial check payment – Apart from the minimum sales requirement you’re expected to make before you can be issued payment, you also have different payment methods you need to use.
• Competition with a lot of Affiliate– There are many far experienced affiliates on Clickbank you’ll be competing with, once there is any small offer worth promoting and this can be intimidating if you’re a newbie. It can even discourage you from taking a step.
• Inadequate Promotional tools– The lack of sufficient banners or tracking tools for conversion makes affiliates dependent on the vendors. While some vendors will provide superb tools for their affiliates, others do not or provide nothing at all. Hence, the need to provide marketing materials becomes your responsibility.
• Too many fake promises products– Clickbank has too many products that promise quick riches. Therefore always carry out your research before choosing to promote such products – money making offers.
• The magnanimous return policy– Many people tend to take the advantage of the Clickbank 60-day refund policy to purchase, use the product and then seek for a refund.
Overall, ClickBank is not a bad marketplace to use if you are trying to find digital products to promote on your website/blog.
If you are looking to make money online without the need of ClickBank really, I would highly recommend you check out a program called Wealthy Affiliate.
Here they will teach you step by step how to create an online business and leverage it to make money.
If you are interested, it is Free to get started and there is no strings attached.
I hope you enjoyed this ClickBank review and I hope it has answered all the questions you had. If you still have some unanswered questions, please feel free to drop it below and I will get back to you in a timely manner.
Take care and have a great one!