Checkout 51 Review
Name: Checkout 51
Overall Rank: 71/100
What Is Checkout 51?
Checkout 51 is a coupon website that pays you cash back to upload receipts of your grocery shopping without the annoying coupon cutting.
It’s a company that has a partnership with brands to bring its members cash back offers.
The brands pay cash for redeemed offers to Checkout 51 while that money is then passed on to the members when they request cash out payment.
Checkout 51 makes its money from the brands by convincing its members to buy the products with the prospect of us becoming a regular customer.
They also offer an app that pays you for your grocery shopping as well but it’s optional. Either way, you’re earning cash back for certain grocery shopping that you do.
How Does Checkout 51 Work?
Starting Checkout 51 involves very few steps. I’ve listed the basic steps below:
• Sign Up: The first step is to sign up by filling out your personal data such as name, email address, and password. Also, you can download the app to your Smartphone but it is optional because you can do everything you need to do with your home computer.
• Browse Your Offer: Visit the Checkout 51 website or app by browsing the offers and products you need to buy to earn cash back and buy the products at any store or online. It doesn’t matter to them whether your purchase is made by using the coupons or other apps and discounts.
• Upload Your Receipt: After you’ve have completed your grocery shopping, upload your full receipt using Checkout 51.
• Wait for Checkout 51 to confirm and process your receipts and tell you how much money you’ve made. Once you get confirmation for your purchase which could take up to 48 hours at times but usually quicker, they will credit your account with the offer amount.
• Get Cash Back – Request your check: Once your Checkout 51 account reaches $20, you will have the ability to cash out. At this stage, the system will then prompt you for your mailing address and they will mail your check. Although you can let it add up as long as you like, but the minimum balance you must have to request your check is $20.
How Does Checkout 51 Pay?
Checkout 51 pays by mailed check. You become qualified to request for a check once you earn $20 on the app. You’ll be prompted to enter your address once you cash out.
Good Things About Checkout 51
You Can Use The App Without Smartphone– To make money with this app you don’t need a Smartphone. All you need is to get access to a computer and scan or take a picture of your receipt and then upload it to the Checkout 51 website and you can start making money. What this means is a wide opportunity literally opens to a lot more people.
No Restriction, Shop at any store– Again, one exciting pro about this app as against others like Ibotta is that you’re not limited to shop at certain stores you can shop at any store you like and not just ones affiliated with Checkout 51. This is awesome especially for people that usually make a lot of their grocery shopping in stores that may not be as big brand like your local Kroger.
$500 Contest– Obviously, if you spend a minimum amount of $60 in groceries, you can win $500. This is not limited to a particular grocery but can be any type of groceries not just the items listed on the Checkout 51 website or app for cash back. All you have to do is upload any grocery receipt that is above $60 and you’ll be eligible to win.
Bad Things About Checkout 51- Complaints
Not International– The most unfortunate thing to some people is that Checkout 51 only works in the United States and Canada. When it was first started it was restricted to only Canada but eventually opened up in the United States. Perhaps as the company grows it will enter other markets.
Mailed Check Payment Option Only– Unfortunately, Checkout 51 doesn’t provide for PayPal as a payment option. You’re limited to check payments only at this time. In other words, you need to exercise patience until they mail the check, then you have to thereafter walk out to the bank to deposit the check and take another patience for the check to clear..
No Referral Program– As a trained affiliate marketer and also as someone who likes to tell your friends about ways you’re making money and make some cash off them, you won’t like this part of Checkout 51. Unfortunately Checkout 51 doesn’t offer a referral program like Ibotta. This is unfortunate as it could have really helped the company in disseminating the word and getting added way to make money for their members. But sadly, now all of your earnings will need to come from your cash back shopping alone.
Things to know
According to Checkout FAQ, some of the guidelines you need to know about listed below:
• “Offers go live on Thursdays at 12:00 AM in each time zone. They expire the following Wednesday at 11:59 PM in each time zone. You must submit the receipts while the offers are live”.
• “Offers are available in limited quantities. Please check your offer list before you go shopping to ensure that the offer is still available, and upload the receipt immediately after purchase to avoid disappointment”.
• “A quantity of (1) of each offer is eligible for cash back per member”.
• “Each receipt can only be used once”.
• “They only give cash back for the exact product listed, so please read carefully”.
• “You are permitted to use Checkout 51 cash back offers with any other coupon or discount unless otherwise stated”.
• “Products must be purchased in your country of registration. (They currently support the United States and Canada, excluding Quebec.)”
• “Receipts submitted must be in English”.
• “Items purchased from online retailers are eligible for cash back. Packing slips are accepted as proof of purchase. Online purchases are subject to the same submission timelines as receipts”.
My Overall Take On Checkout 51
I like Checkout 51 due to the fact that there isn’t specific stores you have to shop at and that is available for both your mobile device or your home computer.
One of the things I don’t really like is the payment process.
I guess it’s not a big deal but I like to get paid via PayPal so my money goes direct and I don’t have to wait for a check to clear.
My only advice is if you are planning to save up your earnings and pull it out for a special occasion, try and request for the payout at least a month prior so you can have the time to make the check clear.
Other than that, it isn’t a bad app due to the fact that you do make money and it’s not very hard to use it.
You can’t use this app though to substitute as a full-time income because it just won’t cut it.
If you are looking for a source to make a full-time income working from home , check out my #1 Recommended Program to learn more.
I hope you were able to find the information you needed in my review. If you have any questions about my Checkout 51 review, please feel free to leave your question or comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I appreciate you stopping by and reading my article. Take care and have a great one 🙂