What is Ibotta?
Ibotta is a free mobile app that offers you cash discounts (without points to track or anything of such) on purchases of store brands or any brand. The Ibotta app is a new app available for both Android and iOS. It’s a fun and easy way to earn $20 or more each time you go shopping and add an extra value to the usual coupon apps.
If you’re the type of a person who buys mostly a common or store brands, then this app would be a suitable option you should consider using. Anytime you buy store brand items like pasta, frozen veggies, milk, apples, shredded cheese, tomatoes, bananas, eggs, and bread you get little cash rebates (close to 20 Cents) on them.
You can get rebates on organics and on their numerous national brands alike. You can get rebates on most companies like Hormel, Ragu, Pampers, Seventh Generation, etc. In fact, the rebates you’ll get from buying national brands are most of the times higher and worth more than you get on other items.
How Does Ibotta Work?
Before you begin to shop, click on your Ibotta app and choose the products you intend to buy during your next shopping trip. Once you have selected an item, you will have to complete some tasks, the more tasks you complete, the more you can earn.
After this, you can start to buy your items at any one of 35 nationwide retailers in your area. After you finalize your purchase, the rules say you must take a snapshot of your receipt and verify that you bought the item by uploading that photo to your app.
After your purchase has been confirmed or authenticated, usually within 48 hours, you can choose to have your earnings donated to any school in America or to receive real money in PayPal account.
You can also invite others to join Ibotta with your referral link. This will earn $1 for every friend or family who registers for the app from your invitation.
How To Use Ibotta
Ibotta is relatively simple. The steps you need to follow are easy and explained below:
Signing Up: There are two ways to get started with the Ibotta App. You can choose to start by either getting the app or going to their official website and sign up. The app is available on iPhone and Android devices.
Choose The Products You Want To Purchase: After you’re signed up you will see all the stores available or near you. By clicking on any store of your choice you will see all the items available for cash back as well as how much each rebate is.
Start Shopping Till You Drop: This is where the task starts and also the most fun aspect of it, go to the store and shop the same way you shop on any site. Select a few items that you have chosen for purchase already and which also offers cash back on Ibotta App. On every purchase you make, you must ensure you get a listed receipt as you’ll need this in your subsequent step to get your cash back payment.
Confirm Purchase By Uploading Your Receipt: Once you conclude the immediate step above, you need to upload your receipt.
You can do this using either of the methods below:
Barcode Receipt where you have a receipt with barcode (most receipts have barcodes on them), the easiest thing to do is to scan the barcode and leave the rest to Ibotta which will automatically locate the items you bought that they offer cash back on.
The second method is by taking a snapshot of the receipt and then manually add the items which qualify for Ibotta cash back.
Either method it will take a few hours for Ibotta to approve your receipt. And once approved your earnings will be available for withdrawal via venmo or PayPal.
How Does Ibotta Pay?
The Ibotta App pays via PayPal or Venmo as soon as your account attains the threshold of $20. At this point, you’re then eligible to cash out and your money will be credited to your account within 48 hours. Another form of payment available in Ibotta is gift cards.
How To Earn More At Ibotta
Another feature of Ibotta is their referral program and it’s another way to earn more. Your referrals can also help you get to team bonuses for each month that offers you a few dollar bonuses.
You will get paid to refer your friends to Ibotta, once they upload their first receipt.
What Items Are Available for Rebates?
Ibotta gives you cash back on a wide variety of items, but most fall into the grocery items. You’ll rarely find items like electronics, home and office, Pet, Automotives, and a few other categories as well. For the main category, there are two types of rebates that may interest you to know about and which will be dealt with in this article.
Brand Specific Rebates
This type of rebates pay higher than the generic or popular rebates but is much more specific. It can pay you as much as $3 though depending on the costs of items.
These rebates unlike the first one above pay the least of cash back, but it’s relatively great because you can buy any brand. For example if you see a $0.35 rebate for a carton of milk, you don’t have to purchase a specific type of milk, as long as it’s on your receipt you’ll earn $0.35 just for purchasing.
- Referral Program– Ibotta makes sense a lot with its referral program which pays you $5 for every person you refer that signs up and redeems at least one purchase through the app. If you consider the fact that today everyone goes shopping, it should not be difficult to find people interested in getting cash back on their purchases.
- Payment For What You Already Do– It’s great getting paid for things that you normally do every regular interval. You know you’re going to buy groceries and other products so even without any rewards you still would ordinarily buy them.
- Good Payment Options– The payment system for Ibotta is very nice with low cash out amount of $20. They pay their members through different options including PayPal, Venmo as well as gift cards.
- Available At Limited Stores-Not all items qualify for Ibotta rebates, and where you’re lucky to find those that qualify you, you need to buy them from certain stores only. What you will observe as you continue to use Ibotta is that almost all stores are available on it, but most of the times the store you prefer may have a limited amount of offers available compared to others.
- Paid Rebates For Only Some Items– While there are some apps that pay for all items that you buy, Ibotta only pays for some items. Although those apps are nice, they are paying pennies compared to Ibotta.
For example, when you get cash back on Ibotta you’ll earn $0.25-$5 where you may earn $0.05 for uploading your receipt. Although you’re not paid for every item you purchase, you can still earn much more if you just buy a few items listed on Ibotta.
- Available Only On App– Ibotta is only available on mobile app. If you do not have a smart phone or a tablet, Ibotta is not available to you. This isn’t a problem for most people, but to people who don’t have Smartphone it is.
- Changes in Cash Out Amount– Although this not a big issue it could have a negative on how long it takes you to reach the cash out amount and actually get paid.
Overall take on Ibotta
I like the app mostly because a lot of the things I go shopping for, Ibotta covers it. The fact that I can get money back on the things I buy naturally is amazing.
I recommend getting this app for it will save you money, even if it’s only a couple of cents here and there its still money. I love the app and I’m glad I found out about it, its changing the way I go shopping for the better.
If you are looking to make some extra money or looking for a new line of work, check out Wealthy Affiliate today and sign up for a Free Starter Membership and learn the steps to becoming your own boss.
I hope this review of Ibotta has answered any questions you might have had on the app but if I didn’t, please feel free to leave your question or comment below. Thank you for stopping by!