- Name: Amway
- Website: www.amway.com
- Price: $62 Registration Fee
- Founder: Richard DeVos & Jay Van Andel
- Overall Rank: 45 out of 100
What is Amway?
Amway is a short meaning for American Way, a direct-selling company that uses a multi-level marketing model to sell a variety of products, mostly in the health, beauty, and home care markets. The company was founded by Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel in 1959.
What is Amway about and who will benefit from it?
Amway is for any person who is seeking a way to earn extra income, but it isn’t for you if you’re thinking of getting rich quick. You can’t become rich overnight with this, so If you’re having such thought then you rather go for another online networking program. To succeed in this program, you need hard work and patience before you see some results . Amway is an MLM business and you should know to become successful, you’ll have to recruit people and make them recruit more people in order to make a significant amount of money.
How Do I Make Money With Amway?
Amway Compensation Plan: Before you start making money in this program, you’ll have to register as an Amway Independent Business Owner (IBO) thereby giving you access to their compensation plan. Once your registered you can then start to exploit the two ways of earning money with Amway which are by selling their product (product retailing) and by sponsoring of prospects to build your downline and increase your income.
Method 1: By Selling Their Products
This is the first aspect to making money with Amway. Here you’re expected to sell the products in exchange for a commission and a check will be sent to you in accordance with the number of points you get.
The more you go in your network building the higher you go in your level promotion. This again will push up the income you’re making.
To sell the products, you have a large number of different items in Amway you can go for, namely, home products such as Nutrilite dietary supplements, water filtration system, air purifier, beauty products, cleaning products, weight loss, and lots more.
Depending on your choice you can choose to sell products from Amway partner stores like K-Mart, Sears, Best Buy, Office Depot, etc.
Therefore, the business opportunity for you to explore in Amway retailing their products and making money is with no limit.
Method 2: By Sponsoring of Prospects
Everyone in the program is recruited by one person or another, therefore, in addition to signing up above, you’ll also need the assistance of your sponsor in understanding the program properly and getting more knowledge of their compensation plan, doing this will speed up your success.
As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, Amway is a multi-level marketing which means your chances of making decent money becomes more guaranteed when either you or those you sponsored (recruited) sell the products.
It is, therefore, reasonable that you should also ensure the success of your downline. If your downline makes money ,then you make money. You should always give them motivation so not only they make sells for themselves but sales for you as well. Being in a program like this it takes a tremendous amount of teamwork to become successful.
Above all, Amway rewards hard work so you should treat it as your own venture by investing time and commitment.
What Does It Cost To Join Amway?
To become an Amway IBO, it would cost you $62 for a registration fee that has a 100% money back guarantee on it for your first 90 days if you feel that the program isn’t for you. You will receive a Welcome Literature Kit containing a wealth of information, including a step-by-step guide to owning your own business, product brochures, training resources, and details on our several bonus programs.
In addition, you have access to your own Personal Retail Website, free online training, and mobile apps to help manage your business”.
The optional Welcome Product Kit is a great way to sample and learn about products firsthand. Purchasing the Welcome Product Kit will also earn you points toward your first $50 New IBO Incentive Award.
• They give a very big bonus compared to other direct selling companies.
• You don’t lose anything as you have Health & wellness related products to sell and/or use for yourself.
• It’s an avenue for any average person to start home-based business.
• There is the opportunity to grow residual income that will keep coming in every month.
• It’s very reasonable or affordable to start. For example, to register for an Amway IBO membership it only costs you $62 each year.
• There is free bulk delivery or shipping of orders to any location of their Platinum level distributors and/or a higher level. This gives a chance for maintaining a friendly relationship with their customers.
• Very similar to a pyramid scheme
• Their products though excellent are very expensive.
• Deceptive tactics used by many IBO’s
• People always harbor negative perception of MLM.
• More of a “recruiting” game than anything
• Effort and time is required in the compensation plan – before you can make a decent profit in Amway you would have succeed in building 6 legs (known as Going eagle) at a go.
• You need high volume to qualify for commission e.g. 100pv in each month for a distributor to become eligible for a paycheck.
• No Internet marketing in their training and you need to always update yourself in their policies and methods of online marketing by always checking their advertising section for any development.
• Newbie’s could freeze up in fear at the start, especially when they have no previous experience in MLM and direct selling.
• Getting money at the start could be hard, particularly for the MLM newbie.
My Overall Take With Amway
As you know, like most MLM programs out there, it is always hard to start off. If you are the type of person who finds it hard to sell products to people up front and personal then it’s not going to work out for you.
With programs like Amway, you have to be motivated and want to sell their products because it will be your bread and butter to earn income. Once you get comfortable with selling their products, you could always seek people to sign up under you and start marketing together and make even more profit.
Amway has been around for a while now so you could say that it defiantly isn’t a Scam, it’s just hard to make money with them.
Would I sign up with Amway? The answer to that is no because it is not my type of work. I don’t really want to sell products or advertise to my family and friends who are the people you pretty much have to start off with.
If you really want to know what type of job I like then check out my #1 Recommended Program and learn how to work form home and make a steady income. With this program, they will teach you how to become successful online and provide you with step-by-step training.
I hope this review of Amway has helped you understand what it’s about and how you could earn money with them. If you have any questions or comments on this review, please feel free to leave it below.
Thank you so much for stooping by and taking the time to read my review. Have a great one.